Little Known Facts about Adrienne
These facts fall into three categories—the way it was, deleted scenes and stuff I couldn’t mention in the book but wanted known
This is stuff that was sacrificed on the editing altar. My original submission was one hundred and thirty thousand words. That got cut to ninety-seven thousand for the final release.
- There was a short chapter where Adrienne’s family goes to the police station near the college and talks to the cops about the incident. That was the first introduction of the family. It got cut so the story could flow better. Also, I didn’t want to write a parallel scene/chapter later where Adrienne and her parents went back and talked to the cops again.
- After the picnic-breakfast scene, minus Malik up a tree—that was added before final release—but before the wedding, Adrienne had another dinner with the court. In that scene, Rena made her first appearance and the reader learned all about Rena’s mother and how Indivar ended up with her. Obviously, that information was worked into the picnic scene thus making the second dinner obsolete.
Stuff I Couldn’t Mention
This is stuff that just didn’t fit anywhere due to length and flow issues. It still applies and is pertinent info, but not necessary to enjoy reading Adrienne.
- Mushira is married and has two children and one grandchild. Her daughter, through no fault of Mushira’s, is spoiled and haughty. She refuses to follow in her mother’s footsteps and act as a lady’s maid. Mushira’s son, on the other hand, is more than happy to train under Saj and he’s raising his daughter to serve, as well.
- Mushira’s mother was Queen Dione’s lady’s maid and her dedication to her job made her somewhat negligent. The only time she paid attention to Mushira was during training to be a proper lady’s maid for the future queen. When Queen Dione was assassinated, grief made Mushira’s mother follow.
- Qamar is three years married to a lovely young lady who works in the kitchens. They are currently (as of the story) debating on whether to bring a third into their relationship to impregnate the young lady or simply have a fertility mage change some of Qamar’s eggs into sperm and conceive that way (yes, they can do that).
- Nimat was kicked out of her home at a young age because her mother was jealous of her beauty (think Snow White and the wicked stepmother, except this was her actual mother). Nimat’s mother is actually jealous of Nimat because she’s the lady’s maid to Adrienne.
- Hani is child number four of a ten child household. Everyone in her family is an assassin. As to where the assassins are trained and where her family lives, you’ll just have to keep reading the Bron Universe stories to find out. It’s a major plot point so I can’t mention it without giving away stuff.
Check out our reviews for Adrienne!
Check back soon for Part Two: The Way it Was!